Using renewable raw materials like the potato, maize, wheat and pea, Roquette has developed a whole range of modified starches to meet the adhesive industry’s needs.
- Starches and adhesives formulation
- Adhesive preparation unit
- Monitoring trials
- Predicting the adhesion potential (rheology, surface energy).
Bottle labelling glues
Thanks to our expertise, we can help you to formulate efficient, environmentally-friendly bottle labelling glues.
Thanks to their original properties, our food-grade, high-performance starches can be used not only on dry but also on wet material. In addition, the price stability of starch derivatives will insure you against casein market fluctuations. At the same time you will also get good technical performances in terms of pot life and application properties.
With Roquette products, TACKIDEX® modified starches and dextrins, you can formulate glues that meet your needs:
- Plant-based and biodegradable raw materials
- Efficiency on surface-treated glass
- Extended pot life
- Stable viscosity
- Resistance to pasteurization
TACKIDEX® modified starches are particularly well suited to making glues for paper bag manufacture that can be used on modern machines at high production rates.
Using TACKIDEX®, it is possible to manufacture bags at high speed that dry rapidly, while also minimizing gluing and cleaning costs and reducing production line down time.
Roquette offers a wide range of TACKIDEX® dextrins dedicated to core winding and paper laminates manufacture. TACKIDEX® dextrins offer low viscosity, high stability over time in liquid solution, and excellent paper gluing properties.
Other adhesive markets
Roquette offers also plant-based solutions for:
- Wall paper: VECTOR® modified starches.
- Wood: Pregelatinized modified starches used as an additive in glues for plywood and HI-CAT® starches.