The HI-CAT® SP range of cationic surface sizing starches benefits from the Roquette know-how in cationic starches development.
Applied on film press or conventional size press HI-CAT® SP improves surface strength and printability of multi-purpose office papers.
- White powder
- Moisture content < 14.0 %
- pH = 65 approx
- The cationisation degree depends on the grade.
- FDA and BfR approved
Registrations vary depending on local regulations.
- HI-CAT® SP is available with different viscosities and molecular weight levels to meet your surface sizing requirements.
- HI-CAT® SP 006 grade is designed to be converted in paper mills by enzymatic or thermochemical process.
Paper and board surface sizing including size-press and film-press applications.
- HI-CAT® SP improves surface strength and printability of multi-purpose office papers.
- The other advantages are: DCO reduction, wet-end chemical stability and paper machine runability improvement.
- The number of breaks reduction compensates for the extra starch costs while further savings can be obtained via chemicals use reduction at the wet-end.
- HI-CAT® SP 006 prepared by continuous enzymatic conversion process can be used at high solids reducing energy costs noticeably.Roquette has long offered an integrated customer service for applications assistance.
For more information please contact us.
Early testing is important and we recognize the need for our customers to have representative material for initial lab trial. We can provide small non-commercial samples wherever you are in the world with both the corresponding certificate of analysis and conformity and the material safety data sheet.
To obtain access to this service, please contact us.
Documentation available upon request
- Group quality policy
- Group safety policy
- Group environmental policy / S.M.E.
- ISO certificate
- GMO certificate
- Specifications data sheet
- Security data sheet