Direct compressional mannitol is a superior excipient with distinct advantages
- Excellent compactability
- Higher intrinsic dissolution rate compared to other binder-fillers
- Compatible with almost all drugs
- Inert substance
- High stability properties
- Produces a semi-sweet, smooth, cool taste (aligned with patient compliance).
Mannitol simplifies the production of tablets without compromising performance
- Compatible with multiple tablet types, including lozenges, swallowable, orally dispersible, chewable, and effervescent.
- Suitable for the rapid release of high-dose or low-dose actives in a range of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical applications.
PEARLITOL® SD mannitol is an easy-to-use, spray-dried mannitol with superior performance, designed for direct compression.
The excipient’s outstanding functional properties enable compression of the most challenging and unstable formulations without compromising tablet quality.
PEARLITOL® SD allows the creation of robust, high-quality tablets via direct compression without the need for additives. It also operates on a much wider range of compression forces allowing formulators to adjust manufacturing parameters to compensate for formulation performance fluctuation.
PEARLITOL SD mannitol is available in two grades: PEARLITOL® 100 SD and PEARLITOL® 200 SD. Formulators can choose the particle size most appropriate for their formulation (complementary to the API size); ensuring uniformity, stability and optimal organoleptic properties.
Go deeper with "Your guide to direct compression without compromise" we offer to download below.
PEARLITOL® SD mannitol,
the first-choice excipient for direct compression
- Consistent quality
- Superior, reliable functionality
- Patient-friendly formulation
- Cost savings
- Available in 2 particle sizes
- Technical and formulation support
Discover more about PEARLITOL® SD mannitol
- Reach out to one of our experts to learn more about the excipient and how it can support the success of your direct compression formulation.
- Visit our Pharma Virtual Lab: a 24/7 online and easy-to-use digital platform that offers scientists and developers an opportunity to analyze formulations, read existing Roquette technical research, and inquire directly to the company’s Customer Technical Support team.
Download our guide
Discover why PEARLITOL® SD mannitol is the first-choice excipient for compression without compromise, and how it can help you unlock advanced tablet dosage forms in the pharmaceutical space.
Excipients, raw materials and actives for Oral dosage, Nutraceuticals & OTC, Biopharma, and Injectables & Dialysis.
Roquette expert to deliver a presentation "LYCAGEL®: Soft Capsule Performance/ Stability vs Gelatin”.Berlin, Germany
Find out how you can rethink pharmaceutical workflows with precision dispensing technology or produce vegetarian softgels thanks to our new LYCAGEL®.Qingdao, China
The Pharma team will be very happy to welcome you to our stand 80C90 in the Excipient GOLD area.Frankfurt, Germany
Use a film coating to mask unpleasant odors and tastes, and protect drugs from environmental factors. A benefit for both patient and laboratory.
Roquette's wide range of disintegration excipients facilitate the dissolution or release of the active ingredients of your capsules or tablets.
Discover the variety of fillers, diluents and binders Roquette offers for the formulation of your solid dosage forms.
Roquette offers a large range of plant-based excipients for the formulation of liquid forms: syrups, solutions, ampoules, dispersions, etc.
Discover a full range range of solubilization and stability enhancers: native and hydroxypropyl cyclodextrins KLEPTOSE®, and octenyl succinate starches CLEARGUM® CO, for use in many dosage forms, from solid to liquid.
Discover our full range of KLEPTOSE®, efficient taste-masking agents adapted to all process and formulation constraints you might have.