Roquette has pioneered the development of betacyclodextrin technology, developing a full range of KLEPTOSE® betacyclodextrins and has extended it to pea maltodextrins with KLEPTOSE® Linecaps.
With different characteristics (solubility, water content, compactibility) provided by Roquette know-how they are able to suit majority of your formulation challenges.
KLEPTOSE®- native betacyclodextrins
KLEPTOSE® HPB and HP - hydroxypropyl betacyclodextrins
The wide KLEPTOSE® range of betacyclodextrins (native and modified) is designed to address your different dosage forms (liquids, solids, semi solids), to adapt to your different processes (kneading, extrusion, spray drying, lyophilisation, milling/grinding) and constraints (factors affecting drug stability).
These safe excipients that have a worldwide acceptance by Health Authority are precious tools for formulators. The affinity based mechanism of encapsulation between KLEPTOSE® and drugs might allow you:
- To increase aqueous solubility of drugs.
- To enhance drug delivery to and through biological membranes.
- To increase chemical stability of drugs.
- To prevent drug-drug and drug-excipient interactions.
- To convert liquid drugs to powders.
Taste masking solutions: KLEPTOSE® Linecaps pea maltodextrin
Thanks to its origin from pea starch, KLEPTOSE® Linecaps brings key technical benefits in:
- Taste masking.
- Enhancement of drug solubility.
- Improvement of stability such as oxidation stability of herbal extracts and flavors.
Technology very well suited for:
- A wide range of dosage forms: solids, liquids, sachets, dry syrups and orodispersible films.
- OTC and food supplements (ex: herbal products) as a cost effective solution for taste masking.
- Paediatric population.