1 | Managing blood glucose fluctuations
Glycemia refers to the blood’s glucose level. Its regulation by the body is complex: too much or too little glucose may lead to health problems.
The glycemic index (GI) is a ranking criterion for foods containing carbohydrates and indicates their effects on blood glucose for two hours after ingestion. GI relates to a reference food (pure glucose or white bread) assigned the standard index of 100. The glycemic impact of a given food is indicated by the amount it varies from that standard: hypoglycemia is lower while hyperglycemia is higher.
Glycemia is closely related to the amount and type of carbohydrates consumed. Soluble fibers have a low glycaemic index, helping to deliver long-term health benefits. Unsurpisingly, consumer interest in fiber is increasing: two out of five in the US say that they have lifted their consumption.
2 | NUTRIOSE®, the outstanding soluble fiber of natural origin
Developed by Roquette, NUTRIOSE® comprises a range of water-soluble dietary fibers.
- Easy to use, whether to supplement nutrition in existing formulation or to replace sugars.
- Developed from non-GMO raw materials: wheat, corn or the pea.
- A white powder with neutral taste, it does not alter original flavors.
- Its fiber content is high and reliable, and low in sugar or sugar-free.
- One of the best-tolerated fibers on the market (up to 45g per day).
- Friendly-labelling, gluten-free, Kosher and Halal certified.
3 | NUTRIOSE® soluble fiber helps maintain blood glucose levels with fewer fluctuations
NUTRIOSE® helps to maintain healthy blood glucose levels:
- Low glycemic response (25) in healthy volunteers
- Validated health claim in the EU (EFSA)
- Limits hyperglycemic peak following ingestion:
- Lower hyperglycemic peak = less insulin secretion
- Less pressure on the glucose regulation system = less metabolism fatigue
- Limits hypoglycemic off-peak following digestion:
- Hypoglycemia induces fatigue and loss of focus.
More than that, NUTRIOSE® helps limit the blood sugar impact of the rest of the meal:
- Controls sudden fluctuations in blood sugar levels caused by other carbs.
NUTRIOSE®: Less fluctuation, more action!
- Less blood glucose level fluctuation means less metabolism fatigue.
- Less hypoglycaemic off-peak means less energy loss.
- Reduces the blood glucose impact of carbohydrate intake.
NUTRIOSE® helps manage blood glucose: the body’s daily energy supply!
Digestive health balance: a diversified gut is a healthy gut! Discover how NUTRIOSE® soluble fiber promotes gut microflora species differently to the other fibers and help maintain a healthy gut.
Slow energy release: a great way to meet today’s lifestyle challenges.
-30% sugars, tasty & crunchy, high in fibre, lowering your glycaemic response
Sugar-free, maintains digestive health balance, high in fibre, refreshing drink
Sugar-free, proven health benefits, simple & effective with NUTRIOSE® soluble fibre