NUTRALYS® pea proteins are extracted by Roquette from the dry yellow pea.
The pea is subjected to a wet process treatment. This process ensures that pea isolates with more than 80% protein (on D.S.) are obtained with a high level of functionality.
NUTRALYS® pea proteins
The purity of the protein and the extent of the emulsifying and solubility capacities of the NUTRALYS® line make them suitable for use due to their functional properties (meats, fish) as well as nutritional properties (protein enrichment in all types of food).
- Beige powder
2 lines of proteins are proposed:
The NUTRALYS® F pea protein line primarily suited for texture improvement: emulsions, viscosity.
The NUTRALYS® S pea protein line mostly used for protein enrichment, especially in products needing solubility.
In addition various particle sizes are available to satisfy requirements for many possible applications.
The products available for NUTRALYS® vegetable protein are therefore:
- NUTRALYS® F 85 pea protein
- F: Fine
- M: Medium
- NUTRALYS® S 85 pea protein
- F: Fine
- XF: Extra-fine
- The use of NUTRALYS® F is first related to the quality and stability of the emulsions obtained. Their cold emulsifying power (1/5/5) is tested systematically.
- The solubility of NUTRALYS® varies with pH. It is maximal at pH 8.
- Codex standard for vegetable protein products
- CODEX 174-1989
Registrations vary depending on local regulations.
- Protein enrichment
- Emulsifying power
- Dietetic : sports nutrition, weight management and clinical nutrition
- Dairy alternatives
- Meat, fish and analogous products
- Sauces and prepared foods
Some examples of recipes developed by Roquette around this ingredient which have inspired fruitful developments on the market:
- Snacks and cereal products
- Low-fat and high-protein salty or sweet crispea snacks
- Plant-based allergen-free, meal replacement bars
- Lactose- and soy-free high-protein, sports mix
- Balanced soups (according to WHO recommendations) for a complete meal
- Egg-free mayonnaise
- "Balanced" sandwich (energy amino acids fat)
- Balanced protein delicatessen, meats promoting sustainable development
For more information about packaging, please contact us.
Easy to prepare, multiple sources of protein, tasty, contributes to muscle growth & recovery
High in protein 50:50 vegetable/milk protein combination, muscle mass maintenance, optimum amino acid supply, feel full for longer
Boost protein intake, good texture similar to standard bread, contributes to an active lifestyle, with NUTRALYS®
Healthy energy, creamy texture, high in protein
High in protein: 25% protein, 100% pea protein, dairy free, muscle mass maintenance, feel full for longer with NUTRALYS® pea protein
Multi-texture experience, source of protein, reduced in sugars, high in fibre, gluten-free
Boost protein intake (25% IR), Fuller for longer, Crunchy bits, 30% less sugars, Rich in fibre with NUTRIOSE® soluble fibre & NUTRALYS® plant-based protein
Great taste and crispiness, innovative source of proteins, suitable for vegan, good source of protein, luten-free
Crispiness preserved, sustainable source of protein, amino acid score > 100, high in protein
Purely plant-based origin, lactose-free, taste +
Improved juiciness, water release is limited over cooking, 10 to 25% meat substitution