CLEARGUM® CO starches are starch sodium octenyl succinate produced from waxy maize. These modified starches are produced by reaction of octenyl succinic anhydride to form a substituted starch with hydrophilic and hydrophobic groups.
To make this product easy to use and to decrease viscosity, this starch is partially hydrolysed.
This starch is used for stabilisation of oil in water emulsion.
- Waxy maize based starches
- White to slightly yellow odourless powder
- JECFA / CODEX: FAO FOOD and NUTRITION
- PAPER 52/9
- EU DIRECTIVE 2000/63/EC
- US Food Chemical Codex
Registrations vary depending on local regulations.
- CLEARGUM® CO 01
- CLEARGUM® CO 03 with lower viscosity
- Low viscosity
- Easy to dissolve
- Emulsifier in low fat sauces
- Carrier for flavours
- Encapsulation oils vitamins
- Low fat mayonnaise dressings
Here are some recipes developed by Roquette and which have inspired fruitful developments on the market:
- Coffee whiteners
- Encapsulation of orange oïl
- Encapsulation of vitamins
- Salad dressing without egg with 50 % oil and CLEARGUM® CO 01
- Mayonnaise without egg or mustard with CLEARGUM® CO 01
- 70 % fat mayonnaise without egg with CLEARGUM® CO 01
For more information about packaging, please contact us.