CLEARAM® is a range of modified cook-up starches.
CLEARAM© modified starches are and texturizers, thickeners for convenience foods: sauces, dressings, soups, prepared meals and dairy products.
You can easily find the CLEARAM® you need for both your recipe and your process. The required level of crosslinking is directly determined by the applied acidity, heating and shearing. Stabilization modification plays its role in the storage conditions (i.e. freezing) and shelf-life of processed foods. CLEARAM® is easy to use and does not develop either lumps or off-notes.
- White to slightly yellow odourless powder
- Easy-flowing powder
- Current Food chemicals codex
- Combined Compendium of Food additive specifications &ndash FAO JECFA MONOGRAPHS 1 Vol. 2
- US code of Federal Regulations 21 CFR § 172.892
- Directive CEE 2000/63/EC (JOCE L-277 of October 30 2000)
- Acetylated Distarch Adipate (Adipate crosslinking, stabilization by acetylation)
- INS / E : 1422
Registrations vary depending on local regulations.
- Modified starch (E1422)
Roquette offers two types of modification which can be combined:
- Stabilisation (resistance to preservation conditions)
- Cross-linking (resistance to process conditions)
- Various sources of raw materials available: waxy maize, potato, wheat, maize and peas
- Various moisture content levels are possible
- Shear acidity and thermal resistance
- Resistance to the freeze/thaw cycle
- Stability over product lifetime (limiting syneresis)
- Reduced gel temperature
- Texturing agent
- Savoury: sauces, soups, meat and fish products, tempuras and clear-coatings, batters
- Dairy: milk products
- Fruit preparations
For more information about packaging, please contact us.